Pinellas college fair set for Sept. 22
Admissions professionals from more than 80 colleges and universities will come to St. Petersburg next Sunday to meet with Pinellas County high school students.
Hundreds of students are expected to attend the free, annual Pinellas County College Fair at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. It will run from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sept. 22 in the university's student center at 200 6th Avenue South.
According to Florida Department of Education data, Pinellas had one of the lowest rates in the state of students who had plans after high school in 2012. Out of 6,629 students who completed high school, 3,704, or 56 percent, made postsecondary plans.
- 1,412 attended a Florida public college
- 39 attended a Florida private college
- 1,351 attended a Florida public university
- 218 attended a private Florida university
- 282 attended a college or university outside of Florida
- 257 joined the U.S. Armed Forces
- 125 attended a tech, trade or other similarly oriented school in Florida
- 20 went to a tech or trade school outside of Florida
Participating colleges include the University of Florida, Florida State University, Eckerd College, Vanderbilt, Auburn, the U.S. Naval Academy, and dozens more. Click here for a full list. Students will also be able to get information about financial aid.
Complementary parking is available in the parking garage at 250 5th Avenue South.