Possible principal changes coming to Pinellas County Schools
It's the annual changing of the principals at Pinellas County Schools.
The Pinellas County School Board will vote at its regularly scheduled board meeting on Tuesday to approve as a block the transfers or appointments of seven principals and the director of Pinellas Technical College in Clearwater. If approved, the changes will be effective July 1. They are:
- Brooker Creek Elementary principal Donna Gehringer will transfer to Seventy-Fourth Street Elementary to be the principal there.
- Azalea Elementary assistant principal Michael Rebman will become the school's principal.
- Jamerson Elementary assistant principal Brandie Williams-Macon will become the school's principal.
- Southern Oak Elementary assistant principal Stephanie Blackman will become principal of Ponce de Leon Elementary.
- Jeffrey Moss, a principal from the Randolph County school system in North Carolina, will become principal of Oldsmar Elementary.
- Cypress Woods Elementary assistant principal Quinn Williams will become principal of Walsingham Elementary.
- Largo High School assistant principal Nicole Wilson will become principal of Thurgood Marshall Fundamental Middle.
- Jake Prokop, an assistant administrator at Pinellas Technical College in St. Petersburg, will become the director of Pinellas Technical College in Clearwater.
Charter schools are also featured heavily on Tuesday's nonconsent agenda, where each item is voted on individually.
Newpoint Pinellas High, a Clearwater charter school formerly operated by the now-indicted Newpoint Education Partners, is up for a one-year renewal and a name change to Pinellas Westcoast Academy High School. Two charter schools, Pinellas Academy of Math and Science, a Kindergarten through eighth grade school in Clearwater, and Pinellas Primary Charter School, a Kindergarten through third grade school on the same site as Pinellas Preparatory Academy in Largo, are seeking five-year charter renewals.