Work is under way on safety training videos
Work has begun on a training video that Hillsborough County schools will use to improve emergency preparedness.
The project is part of a larger effort that stems from two student deaths last year in exceptional student education. Work began in November and will continue at least through the end of the school year.
According to a member distributed this week to School Board members, a task force has held three meetings so far to produce the video. School-based staff will see it is part of their crisis management training in the days before the school year begins. Substitute teachers and new employees will view it before they go to work.
It will address these issues:
* A positive school culture.
* Preventative elements, such as adult awareness and supervision.
* Preparedness and response, including crisis management training and the use of emergency checklists.
* How to respond to a medical emergency (including the appropriate use of 9-1-1)
* Effective communication with parents.