Clear77° WeatherClear77° Weather

Beyonce, Solange and Jay Z address The Elevator Incident

Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange say they are moving on since a video leaked this week of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator.

“There has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” a  statement to the Associated Press said Thursday. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”

TMZ posted the three-minute video Monday and said it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City, presumably after the Met Gala. It appears to show Solange, Beyonce’s sister, attacking Jay Z.

“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”

The hotel said it had fired the person who recorded the video.

Beyonce posted this and other photos of Solange on Instagram after The Elevator Incident became public.

Instagram

Beyonce posted this and other photos of Solange on Instagram after The Elevator Incident became public.

[Last modified: Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:37pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...