Buckwild's Shain Gandee most likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning

An autopsy report is forthcoming.

AP

An autopsy report is forthcoming.

2

April

We're still a ways off from knowing what killed Buckwild cast member Shain Gandee, but sources are all but confirming the cause. Reports say exhaust fumes from the Ford Bronco he and his uncle were driving did them in.

"Foul play has been ruled out," Kanawha County (W. Va.) Commissioner Kent Carper told People on Tuesday. "Carbon monoxide poisoning is the likely probable cause of death, pending official results from the state of West Virginia medical examiner's office. State law requires an autopsy."

Gandee, 21, his 48-year-old uncle David Gandee and an unidentified third man were found dead in the vehicle on Monday in what the magazine described as knee-deep mud. They were last seen at a bar early Sunday morning telling people they were going off-roading.



[Last modified: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:48pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...