Bits and pieces not worth a whole item
• A court in Nassau, Bahamas, has finally selected a jury to hear an inquest to determine the cause of death for Anna Nicole Smith’s son, Daniel, the AP reports (it won't start until Nov. 19 because of Tropical Storm Noel). They also hope to determine that yes, the young man is still dead and hasn’t come back as a zombie.
• Coolio will be back on the airwaves next year in his new reality show, Coolio & the Gang, which will follow the rapper as he raises six teens by himself, Reuters says. We’d come up with a punchline, but we’ll simply report it’s slated to air on Oxygen.
• No charges will be filed in the fight between Kid Rock and Tommy Lee at the MTV Video Music Awards, the AP says. Attorneys involved in the case had decided that just being Kid Rock and Tommy Lee was punishment enough.
• Nicole Richie is hopping mad at the New York Post’s Cindy Adams, who reported Richie was spotted smoking a couple times in the Big Apple. The problem? Richie tells TMZ she hasn’t been in NYC for three months.
• Pierce Brosnan is being investigated for allegedly fighting with a photographer last week, wire services say. He must have taken exception to being called the “old” James Bond.