Clear82° WeatherClear82° Weather

Chris Meloni will not return to 'Law & Order: SVU' next year

rsz_tbd-chrismeloni052611.jpgSay goodbye to Det. Stabler, because Chris Meloni will not be returning to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit next season. Is it because Det. Benson adopted another kid? We can work this out!

Contract talks between Meloni and NBC didn't work out Tuesday, so Meloni will be leaving the show after 12 seasons, TVLine.com reports. He's been the lead since SVU first started in 1999. Creator Dick Wolf told the site the show is already looking for another lead to star alongside Mariska Hargitay.

NBC president Robert Greenblatt said earlier this month there were already contingency plans in case both the leads one day left, including one out-of-work actress we all know: "Jennifer Love (Hewitt) is somebody we've been circling, but I don't know that that is going to happen at all," he told the site. It's probably safe to say she would jump on that idea faster than you can say quick.

[Photo: Getty Images]

Source

[Last modified: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:33pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...