DJ AM's death ruled accidental drug overdose

29

September

Tbd-djam093009

From the AP:
DJ AM died accidentally from a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine, the medical examiner's office ruled Tuesday.

The toxicology report showed the 36-year-old had in his system cocaine, OxyContin, Hydrocodone or Vicodin, antianxiety drugs Xanax and Ativan, Klonopin which also controls anger, Benadryl, and Levamisole, a drug apparently used to cut cocaine.

The cause of death was acute intoxication due to the combined effects the drugs, the medical examiner's office said. The dosage of each drug was not released.

The celebrity, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, had openly discussed past addictions to crack cocaine, Ecstasy and other drugs. Six pills were found in his stomach and a pill in his throat after his body was discovered in his apartment on Aug. 28. The pill in his throat appeared to be OxyContin. A crack pipe and prescription pill bottles also were discovered there.

[Photo: DJ AM at the Seminole Hard Rock in May 2008. Luis Santana/tbt*]

Source

[Last modified: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:58am]

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...