Partly Cloudy90° WeatherPartly Cloudy90° Weather

Is Edward Norton holding up 'Incredible Hulk'?

12

March

While we're sure maybe six people were eagerly awaiting the new trailer for The Incredible Hulk (it debuted Wednesday night at 9:56 p.m. on MTV, VH1 and Spike -- se it above), it sounds like Edward Norton is gumming up the works.

The star/co-producer/co-writer has been arguing with Marvel over how to cut the movie, which is supposed to open June 13, DeadlineHollywoonDaily.com says.

"There's a lot of posturing going on between Edward's camp and Marvel over how you edit the final version," a source tells the site. As previously mentioned by The Juice*, Norton was "promised tremendous involvement and access" in the project, including having a say in how Zak Penn's script was rewritten.

"Never let an actor write a script," a source told the site. "Marvel made a mistake letting the wolf in the hen house."

Norton has had run-ins before, fighting with Paramount during The Italian Job and having words with director Tony Kaye during American History X. But some say the discussions over the $150 million Hulk is no big deal.

"There is a very healthy exchange of ideas going on. Discussions now are even more heated. But some of Ed's best movies have had this exact dynamic to them," another source said. "Everyone's in the process of figuring it out and working it out. But I expect it'll all get resolved pretty quickly."

With only three months to go, we hope so. But by then, we'll be going to see Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man for the umpteenth time.

[Last modified: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:37am]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...