Cops bring DMX back to life after rapper collapses without pulse
It’s unclear what caused DMX to collapse in a Ramada Inn parking lot in Yonkers, N.Y., on Monday.
What we do know: The Party Up rapper owes his life to police, who performed CPR on his lifeless body, bringing back his pulse within a minute of arriving on scene.
“This was an excellent job by the officers and they definitely saved the life,” Lt. Patrick McCormack told the New York Daily News, though authorities would not identify the rapper. “They found him in a lifeless condition with no breathing. They were able to bring back some breathing.”
A witness told Westchester authorities that the 45-year-old had consumed a powdery substance before falling unconscious. The cops gave him something called Narcan, which is used as an antidote for narcotic overdoses.
According to TMZ, DMX is in stable condition at the hospital. He told the gossip site that he had a violent asthma attack after dealing with bronchitis for a couple of days and that no drugs were involved. A relative said X asked for his inhaler right before he hit the floor.