Partly Cloudy79° WeatherPartly Cloudy79° Weather

'Glee' star Cory Monteith died from mix of heroin and alcohol

The toxicology report was expedited by officials.

Getty Images

The toxicology report was expedited by officials.

16

July

Glee star Cory Monteith died from a mix of heroin and alcohol, toxicology reports have indicated. The British Columbia Coroners Service released the results Tuesday.

The 31-year-old died from "a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the report said, according to CNN.The actor was found dead in his hotel room Saturday, and an autopsy was performed Monday.

“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the coroners service said. No other details into the investigation were provided.

Meanwhile, sources told the New York Daily News the show may put off its premiere until November while producers figure out how to handle Monteith's character, Finn Hudson. The tabloid says the show may take off a month from its slated Sept. 19 premiere "to let everyone breathe." The paper noted that Major League Baseball coverage would alter Fox's prime time schedule, anyway. Fox did not comment to the Daily News.

E! reports Monteith had been "partying with friends" on Friday night, and that "numerous amounts of alcohol and other substances" were in the 31-year-old actor's hotel room. "Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact," a source told E!.

Surveillance footage shows Monteith entered his Fairmont Pacific Hotel room alone "a little after two in the morning." Monteith left the show in March to enter rehab for substance abuse.

 



[Last modified: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:29pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...