Facebook releases official app for iPad
A Facebook app for the iPad was rumored to be part of the iPhone 4S/iOS 5/iCloud announcement by Apple last week but it didn't materialize. This afternoon, however, an official Facebook app finally was announced. Since the iPad was introduced people have been asking for an optimized Facebook app but the usual response was that it wasn't needed because you could use a browser for Facebook. Several unofficial apps were developed, including Facely HD and Friendly, but there was still a cry for the official app. Well cry no more.
- Enjoy bigger, better photos - Your photos take on new life on the iPad. They're big, high-res and easy to flip through—like a real photo album
- Focus on what matters - With less on the screen, it's easier to zoom in on your friends' photos, updates and stories.
- Navigate anywhere, fast - Just tap, slide or pinch to get from one screen to another and back again in no time.
- Never lose your place - Use simplified navigation to send a message, see your notifications or browse your bookmarks without switching screens.
- Play games on the go - Play your favorite Facebook games wherever you are, and on a bigger screen.
- Tap to send messages - A simple drop-down menu makes it easy to scan and send messages without visiting your inbox.
Try it out and let me know what you think. Is it better than using your browser? Are the unofficial Facebook apps better?