This iPhone app has peep shows that are safe for work
It's that time of year again, right after Girl Scout Cookie season and before Easter, when those sugar-covered, neon-colored, chick-shaped morsels of marshmallow goodness hit the shelves. That's right, I'm talking about PEEPS!
And while some people just like to eat them, others like to play with them, in a creative way. Each year since 2007, The Washington Post has held a Peeps Diorama Contest that draws hundreds of entries. The Washington Post Peeps Show iPhone app features images of more than 130 of the top entries from 2010 and previous years. The dioramas feature clever scenes from pop culture, historical events and various concepts. Check out "Segeant Peeper's Lonely Hearts Cluck Band" or "Where the Wild Peeps Are" and "Peep Side Story," to name a few. Briliant!
Key App Features:
- Browse photo galleries from all four years of the contest
- Use Multi-Touch to zoom in and out of images, rotate for a landscape view
- View detailed descriptions of each entry including insights from the diorama creators
- Watch a slide show of scenes from a chosen gallery
- Share your favorite images via Twitter, Facebook and eMail