Use Black Friday apps for Android and iPhone to find the best deals
Black Friday is now just ten days away and some merchants already are advertising their deals. There are lots of apps out that will help you track the BF bargains on your Android or iPhone and the two below are among the best I've found.
For the Android, Black Flyday™ from Iconosys offers an impressive feature set with real-time updates and GPS-based tracking of the deals in your defined area. The app is particularly geared toward interaction with your Facebook friends and provides tools for working in teams on the gibbest shopping day of the year.
Black Flyday™ for Android features include:
- Locate the hottest loss-leading deals within a certain radius with a touch of a single button on the user’s Smartphone for ultimate convenience.
- Available in English as well as Spanish.
- Teams of shoppers can collaborate to set this app up together, as a GPS-enabled, real-time bulletin board to share locations and deals that their other team members may be sad to have missed otherwise.
- Facebook friends are integrated into the application, so the users, if they wish, can share the deals they are “buzzing” about in real-time and with a potentially global reach.
- A “deal scroller” scrolls all deals within your desired radius or friend network that may have otherwise been missed.
- By clicking on the map at the location of other “Black Fly’ers,” you can see the deals they are buzzing about and which are presented for you to take advantage of.
- The App stores the historical posts that your teammates and/or Facebook friends previously posted, and allows you to search thru those posts for specific items and deals that may be of interest.
The Black Friday app from dealnews.com is the best one I've found for the iPhone. It has many of the same features as Black Flyday™ but does not have GPS-based information. The social media aspect is emphasized with this app too with built-in integration for Facebook, Twitter and email so you can share your deals with friends and family.
Black Friday for IPhone features include:
- Browse "leaked" and verified Black Friday ads right on your iPod/iPhone
- Save items to your own Shopping List
- Go directly to retailers' web sites to buy online (when available), or find a store near you
- Search/browse features to find exactly what you're looking for
- Share Black Friday ads and deals via Twitter, Facebook, and Email
If you're planning to be part of the Black Friday shopping Army and will be in the trenches on the big day, arm yourself with one of these apps and remember to keep your head down!