Boyle decision likely on July 4

George Bazos, agent for Lightning defenseman Dan Boyle, said Thursday night that his client likely will wait for Friday before making a decision on whether to waive his no-trade clause. Tampa Bay had asked the puck-moving defenseman to waive the clause in order to facilitate a move that would help the Lightning clear some salary cap space.

"We've been in communication," Bazos said of Boyle's camp and the Lightning. "Everybody understands everybody's position. Dan is going to think about things tonight. We will have further discussions (Friday) to find what is the best option for Dan."

Said Lightning owner Len Barrie: "We're working closely with Dan on trying to make this work on both sides. Dan has been a great player for the organization, but sometimes we have to make tough decisions. The good news for Dan is he has an opportunity to get into some great situations."

It appears three teams remain in the serious running: The Sharks apparently are the front-runners while the Canucks and Thrashers are still mounting charges. Apparently Senators GM Bryan Murray wasn't kidding when he told the Ottawa Citizen he did not think he could muster enough in trade to make it worth the Lightning's while.

 

   

[Last modified: Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:38pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...