The force is strong with Legoland this month.
The Winter Haven theme park brings back its annual Star Wars Days on weekends in May with meet and greets with Lego Star Wars characters, galactic-themed building opportunities and a new brick display with scenes from 2015's Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
This giant display in the park's Miniland features scenes and characters from Episode VII of the franchise enhanced with light and sound effects and animation. One of the largest pieces is a 16-foot-long Star Destroyer Finalizer constructed from more than 350,000 Legos.
The Force Awakens display also has six scenes from the movie's moments on desert planet Jakku, including Kylo Ren's capture of Poe, Rey's rescue of BB-8, Poe and Finn's escape from the Finalizer, Finn and Poe's TIE Fighter wreck, the escape from Niima Outpost and the escape from the Starship Graveyard.
Also new this year are appearances by Lego Captain Phasma, the ruthless chrome-armored stormtrooper from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.
The celebration of all things a galaxy far, far away runs May 12-13 and May 19-20 and is included with park admission.
Lego Star Wars Days at Legoland include:
- Tours of the new The Force Awakens Miniland display with a Master Model Builder, who will give building tips and insights into the interactive exhibit.
- Meet and greet opportunities with Lego Star Wars characters like Captain Phasma and Darth Vader.
- Star Wars costume contests with Lego prizes.
- Photo opportunities with the world’s largest Lego Yoda, Lego Chewbacca and Lego Rey and other characters from the franchise’s first seven films.
- Lego lightsaber scavenger hunt in the Imagination Zone and chances to build a Star Wars Lego model during the Galaxy Competition Build.
One day, one park tickets start at $75. Legoland Florida, 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven. Legoland.com/florida.
Contact Chelsea Tatham at [email protected] Follow @chelseatatham.