The Feed

Sean Daly, Michelle Stark and Sharon Kennedy Wynne

If star Angus T. Jones hates Two and Half Men so much, why is he still on the show?

26

November

ashton-kutcher-two-and-a-half-men-curtain-photo.jpg

(UPDATE: Courtesy of TMZ, comes a partial apology from the 19-year-old sitcom star, who talks about addressing misstatements and misunderstandings even though most news stories I've seen have just quoted what he actually said in the YouTube video. Since its release, former co-star Charlie Sheenhas called the show "cursed," journalists have dug up his parents' past arrests and ABC News has consulted showbiz D-lister Stephen Baldwin for expert commentary. 

 Here's the statement:

"I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours.

While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past ten years who have become an extension of my family.

Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them.

I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

121127sheen-jones1_300x206.jpgI apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.")

TV fans are passing around links to the video below, featuring Two and Half Men star Angus T. Jones urging viewers to avoid the hit show which pays him a reported $300,000 per episode.

Calling it "filth," Jones tells viewers "please don't watch Two and Half Men," adding "I'm on Two and Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

The show is a cavalcade of sex jokes and bad puns, but its been that way since the series debuted in 2003. Last year, when co-star Charlie Sheen's epically public meltdown led to his departure, surely Jones could have exercised his Christian morality and left the program as well.

Instead, he's accepted millions in compensation as co-star on a program he now implies is more destructive than "just entertainment."

Check out his statements below: The anti-Two and Half Men stuff begins at 7:39 or so.... 

 

[Last modified: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:05am]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...