Lou Dobbs Offers Free Airtime to Candidates; David Letterman Becomes a Fanjaya
The only catch: You gotta play ball with him, too.
In exchange for the airtime, candidates also have to face some grilling from Dobbs, who has turned demgoguing illegal immigration and middle class taxation issues into an art form. It will interesting to see how many contenders submit to this exercise.
Here's the release from CNN:
"In his series, “2008: Time for Answers,” Dobbs will invite presidential candidates to appear on Lou Dobbs Tonight to explain specifically how they would tackle the most pressing issues facing American families including healthcare, illegal immigration, public education, the war in Iraq, border and port security, and trade policy.
“People want to know about a candidate’s positions on issues that affect their lives, not just fundraising and horserace politics,” Dobbs said. “I welcome a substantive dialogue in this important election season, and I believe our viewers will too.”
Who Knew Letterman Was a Fanjaya?
Courtesy of the CBS Press Office in Battle Creek, Michigan, here's an advance look at Sanjaya Malakar's appearance tonight reading the Top Ten list on Late Show with David Letterman.
10. The camera adds ten pounds to your mohawk.
9. Work hard and make sacrifices, you can finish in 7th place.
8. It’s very important to “Keep it real, dawg.”
7. I should have gone for the immunity idol – oh wait, that’s “Survivor.”
6. On-camera Simon is a bit nasty, but off-camera, he’s a total jerk.
5. Voting for yourself 100 times an hour causes some wicked carpal tunnel.
(Sanjaya belts out a riff like“Ohhhhhhhh”)
3. Honestly, I thought I was auditioning for “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”
1. America loves performers with bad hair – right, Dave?