Turning Lemons into a Network TV Gig
The good folks at CBS' Late Show with David Letterman are well-acquainted with the absurdity of the TV biz. So it was no surprise they invited CNN anchor Kyra Phillips to read their Top 10 list days after her embarrassing faux pas speaking ill of her sister-in-law during a bathroom break, unaware that her comments were being broadcast over President Bush's Katrina anniversary speech.
(Current scuttlebutt about the issue: Why did audio technicians allow her conversation to be broadcast on air for so long?)
Here's the Top 10 List Phillips read durin today's show taping (to be broadcast at 11:35 p.m. tonight):
10. Still haven't mastered complicated on/off switch.
9. Larry King told me he does this all the time.
8. How was I supposed to know we had a reporter embedded in the bathroom.
7. I honestly never knew this sort of thing was frowned upon.
6. I couldn't resist a chance to win $10,000 on "
America's Funniest Home Videos."
5. I was set up by those bastards at Fox News.
4. Like you've never gone to the bathroom and had it broadcast on national television.
3. I just wanted that hunky Lou Dobbs to notice me.
2. Okay, so I was drunk and I couldn't think straight.
1. You have to admit, it made the speech a lot more interesting.