Partly Cloudy80° FULL FORECASTPartly Cloudy80° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

The Feed

What you're talking about today

Saturday's Sunset Beach Experience postponed until Oct. 8

An artist's rendering of what Saturday's Sunset Beach Experience would have looked like, if not postponed until Oct. 8 due to weather concerns.

Sunset Lounge Experience

An artist's rendering of what Saturday's Sunset Beach Experience would have looked like, if not postponed until Oct. 8 due to weather concerns.

This week's wet weather trend has forced postponement of Satuday's Sunset Beach Experience on St. Pete Beach, on the sands behind TradeWinds Island Resort.

Organizer Rainer Scheer informed the Times Wednesday afternoon that the event's new date is Oct. 8.

"It's crazy," Scheer, 54, said by telephone. "But you know how it is with outdoor events."

Weather.com forecasts a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms Saturday, and 40 percent Sunday, which had been established as a make-up date, in case of bad weather.

Scheer's Sunset Beach Experience is an extension of his popular Chillounge events in Tampa and St. Petersburg parks over the past decade. In addition to chic furnishings and lighting, the TradeWinds will serve a buffet of culinary treats and top shelf beverages. The event was written about in Wednesday's Taste section, and earlier on tampabay.com.

In addition to decor, the event is notable for its price tag: $250 per ticket, and couples packages for $490, many including reserved day beds and canopies.

A refund procedure is being worked out, while tickets are still available for the Oct. 8 date.

[Last modified: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:12pm]

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...