My Florida bucket list
In the waning weeks before our move, I’m knocking things off my Florida Bucket List. I’m taking inventory of those uniquely-Sunshine State places where our family loves to go to or at least wants to see before losing our Florida resident status. So here it goes:
1. We’ve pretty much covered all of the theme parks ten times over during our stay here, (You’re welcome, Orlando economy) but we did take a weekend recently to experience Disney’s Vero Beach Resort on the other coast. We loved it. A great getaway on the Atlantic Disney-style, and we didn’t even need to be Vacation Club Members.
2. The Gulf of Mexico. Of all of the beautiful Florida landscape, it is this I will miss the most. An early October trip proved to be even more beautiful than even a summer excursion.
3. If I had unlimited time and wallet, I’d get back down to the Keys and St. Augustine. And although my older kids have been to Kennedy Space Center, it will have to be on a future visit for the younger crew.
4. Local treasures like the Sponge Docks and St. Pete Beach top my list. Downtown Safety Harbor is also one of our family favorites.
5. And while it may sound strange, my daughter has made me promise a trip to Dino World. We simply can’t ignore that plaster brontosaurus staring at us from I-4 any longer.
Are there any favorite local haunts you’d suggest? What are some of your must-see attractions, restaurants, or landmarks that we should be sure not to miss before heading north?
EDS: Our Suburban Diva is moving to Nashville for a new adventure with her husband and four kids. You can keep up with her on her blog, suburbandiva.com and subdivablog.blogspot.com. We are going to sorely miss her humor and sage advice, so we hope she'll find she just can't quit us and will drop us a line once in awhile here on the blog. *sniff*
Follow us on Twitter @WhoaMomma