The top 10 signs school is almost over
9. Backpacks have deteriorated into back-of-knee packs.
8. You reconsider your earlier horror on ancient foot-binding traditions after you refuse to buy new shoes until at least August.
7. Entrees on the hot lunch menu include candy from the leftovers from the teacher’s lounge and the “You’ll get it back in June” drawer.
6. The only matching pair of socks in the fourth grade is between your son and the kid who slept over last weekend.
5. Too short to be considered “crayons,” you now have a box of wax finger paints.
4. The amount of times you hit the snooze button has grown exponentially throughout the year; you now only awake to the alarm of your own sobs when you realize it’s only Tuesday.
3. Because of #4, your kids have a laminated tardy slip.
2. Car line has become merely a suggestion.
And the number one sign that school is almost out?
Commercials start alternating between Sylvan Learning centers and Back to School sales.
-- Tracey Henry, the Suburban Diva