UPDATE: Dear Mr. President
UPDATE: Because of a flood of entries, the organizers have extended the deadline for submissions to Jan. 27.
Kids are asked to send their ideas for President-elect Obama in the form of letters or drawings. Here are the requirements outlined on the submission form:
- It should be created on an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper.
- It should be landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- Please use bold markers or crayons.
- Submissions may be more than one page.
- Paper can be any color. (But remember darker paper won't show off your kid's awesome creations.)
- Is your kid's handwriting only legible to you? Feel free to send a note along to transcribe what it says.
For more information and a submission form, go to the kidthing Web site. (Warning: To enter, you'll have to register as a user.) Entries can be sent by e-mail or snail mail. E-mail entries must be received by midnight PST on Jan. 27. Regular mail entries must be postmarked by Jan. 27.
And if your children do enter, share your entries with us. E-mail them to me at [email protected].
-- Amy Hollyfield
[Top right: photos.com; bottom right: kidthing.com]