9=8 ticket packages offered, autograph schedule released
The Rays are offering special 9=8 ticket packages that will be sold only Friday and Saturday, and include a seat for the April 13 home opener against the Yankees and autograph access at Saturday's FanFest.
There are three versions of the packages, which include two prime, one marquee and six other games. Prices range from $95 for the upper deck to $217 for baseline box seats. The packages will be available starting at 9 a.m. Friday online at raysbaseball.com, by phone at 888-FANRAYS and at the Tropicana Field box office, and also will be available at the FanFest.
For full details, see the team release below.
The Rays also released the autograph schedule for the FanFest, though it appears that several of the big-name players, such as Evan Longoria, James Shields, team MVP Jason Bartlett and Troy Percival won't be signing, but will be posing for pictures with season-ticket holders.
A new twist is that fans older than 14 who aren't season-ticket holders are required to make a $10 donation to the team foundation for access to the autograph area. Here is the schedule released by the team as of Tuesday afternoon, and subject to change:
· Table 1 John Jaso, Gabe Kapler
· Table 2- Juan Salas, Ray Olmedo
· Table 3- Pat Burrell, Randy Choate,
· Table 4- Tim Beckham, Reid Brignac
· Table 5- Carl Crawford
· (Season Ticket Holders Line- Photo Only) –James Shields, Fernando Perez
· Table 1- Joe Nelson, Chad Bradford
· Table 2- B.J. Upton , Willy Aybar
· Table 3- Chad Orvella, Michel Hernandez, Derek Rodriguez
· Table 4- Julio DePaula , Jacob McGee
· Table 5- Jon Weber, Jason Cromer, Calvin Medlock
· (Season Ticket Holders Line- Photo Only) Evan Longoria, Matt Garza
· Table 1- Matt Joyce, Grant Balfour
· Table 2- Carlos Pena, Jason Hammel
· Table 3- Craig Albernaz, Ray Sadler
· Table 4- Jeremy Cummings, Elliot Johnson
· Table 5- Neil Frontz, Chris Nowak, Dan Wheeler
· (Season Ticket Holders Line- Photo Only) Dioner Navarro, Andy Sonnanstine
· Table 1- Steve Henderson, Joe Maddon
· Table 2- Wade Davis, David Price
· Table 3- Dave Martinez, George Hendrick
· Table 4- Lance Cormier, Brian Shouse
· Table 5- Chris Richard, Jason Childers, Dewon Day
· (Season Ticket Holders Line- Photo Only)- Jason Bartlett, J.P. Howell
· Table 1-Bobby Ramos, Jim Hickey
· Table 2- James Houser, Mitch Talbot
· Table 3- Shawn Riggans, Justin Ruggiano
· Table 4- Scott Kazmir, Carlos Hernandez
· Table 5- Brian Anderson, Tom Foley, Todd Greene
· (Season Ticket Holders Line- Photo Only) Troy Percival, Jeff Niemann
And as for the ticket package details, here is the team release:
The Rays special 9=8 Ticket Package, featuring tickets to nine home games for the price of eight, will be introduced this week and available for purchase only on Friday and Saturday.
All packages include two prime games, including the home opener against the New York Yankees on April 13, one marquee game, and six select others. Packages can be purchased in the Upper Deck for only $95 or in the Baseline Box for $217.
The packages will go on sale Friday at 9 a.m. online at raysbaseball.com, by phone at 888-FANRAYS and at the Tropicana Field box office.
The 9=8 package will also be available for purchase at Tropicana Field during Fan Fest on February 14. Fans who purchase the 9=8 pack will receive a wristband for access to the autograph areas (a $10 value) and will be entitled to early entry to Fan Fest, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Fans who purchase online the night before can pick up their wristbands at the Tropicana Field Gate 1 box office beginning at 8 a.m., the day of Fan Fest.)
“Opening Day always provides a special atmosphere to begin the season, but this year, it also provides a chance to celebrate last year’s championship campaign,” said team president Matt Silverman. “The 9=8 Pack guarantees you’ll be there to see the American League pennant unfurled as we begin the 2009 home season versus the Yankees.”