Longoria better, Moore like "normal," Price good
A couple of early morning notes from Rays camp:
* 1B Carlos Pena and DH Luke Scott will take batting practice Monday against Kyle Farnsworth and Brandon Gomes, a chance for them to get some swings against higher velocity pitches in advance of their first game action scheduled for later in the week. OF Sam Fuld may also take some swings. Pena said he hopes to play as soon as Tuesday.
* LHP Alex Torres missed a couple days with a sore ankle but should make his first game appearance on Monday or Tuesday.
* 3B Evan Longoria gave a thumbs-up when asked about his bruised right hand on Sunday, and said he is on track to make his exhibition debut on Tuesday. The swelling has gone down, though there is some discoloration. "Maybe tomorrow, probably Tuesday for sure,'' he said.
* LHP Matt Moore said his Saturday bullpen session, his first time throwing off a mound in more than a week, went well, and he had no issues with the mild lower abdominal strain that had sidelined him. "It was real good,'' he said. "It was like back to normal.'' Moore will throw again Monday, then likely throw his first batting practice session on Thursday, which could put him in a game by the weekend.
* LHP David Price said he had the "normal aches and pains" the day after his first exhibition appearance, "and that's good.''