Morning update: Longoria questionable for Tuesday, Moore "normal"
A couple of morning notes from the Rays clubhouse:
* Brandon Gomes and Kyle Farnsworth both looked good throwing batting practice today. Carlos Pena and Sam Fuld seemed to be in the swing, Luke Scott not so much.
* 3B Evan Longoria sounds less sure of making his exhibition debut on Tuesday, saying his bruised right hand is feeling better but he will test it today hitting off a tee, then would want to progress through flipped balls and batting practice before getting in a game. He said he would be playing if it were a regular season game, but given it's early March, "there's no point to push it.''
* LHP Matt Moore happily said he felt normal today and would be throwing a normal bullpen, with a plan of advancing to batting practice on Thursday.
* Carlos Pena, Sam Fuld and Luke Scott were to take batting practice this morning, and Pena said the plan is for him to play his first game on Tuesday.
* Jeff Keppinger, who is starting at first today, has only played eight major-league games there but said he doesn't view it as a major adjustment.
* INF Elliot Johnson took a few minutes this morning to stop into the ESPN bus and do his impression of reporter Tim Kurkjian, boasting that he does it better than Toronto's J.P. Arencibia. It could air during the 3:30 Baseball Tonight segment.