Some Monday night leftovers
A couple of too-late-to-get-in notes from Monday's game:
* RHP Alex Cobb had an impressive streak going, throwing first-pitch strikes to the first 20 hitters. He said he didn't know it, and that pitching coach Jim Hickey mentioned something, but that David Price jinxed it.
* After Ben Zobrist had another strong game at shortstop and got three hits, manager Joe Maddon referred to him like this: "Cal Zobrist had another nice night, and he made some nice plays on top of that.''
* What would have been the odds of Seattle catcher Jesus Montero catching Desmond Jennings stealing - ending the speedster's streak of 20 straight, and just the second time he's been caught all year - but allowing catcher Jose Molina to steal a base, his second of the year. Maddon was asked if he had that combo in the pool. "I would have made a lot of money if I had,'' he said.
* Over the last 23 games, the Rays bullpen has 10 saves (in 10 chances) and a 0.94 ERA.
* Wade Davis was up throwing in the bullpen when Fernando Rodney was closing out the ninth, but Maddon said it wasn't that anything was wrong with Rodney, just that they wanted to get Davis some work.
* Desmond Jennings extended his hitting streak to six games, and has a .478 average in that stretch with 10 runs scored.