Rays announce series of front office promotions
The Rays on Friday announced a series of front-office promotions:
* Peter Bendix has been named director, baseball development. He previously served as coordinator, baseball research and development.
* Shawn Hoffman is now director, scouting analytics. He was analyst, baseball research and development.
* Kevin Ibach was named director, pro scouting, filling duties left by Matt Arnold, who joined the Brewers as assistant GM. Ibach had been a pro scout.
* Josh Kalk is now director, pitching research and development. He had been analyst, baseball research and development.
* Brian Plexico was promoted to director, baseball systems. He had been listed as the architect, baseball systems.
"Our baseball operations staff is filled with talented people, and these promotions are further evidence of that," baseball operations president Matt Silverman said in a statement. "Each person in this group is integral to our operations, and their expanded responsibilities will provide them new avenues for growth, development and impact."