Beyoncé Week: Today's the day! Beyoncé is in Tampa!
Today's the day! More than 40,000 members of the BeyHive will descend on Raymond James Stadium tonight for a hotly anticipated concert by Lemonade queen Beyoncé.
The show's at 7:30 p.m., with an opening set by DJ Khaled (and who knows who else). Click here for all the details on parking, what you can and can't bring into the stadium, and all other relevant knowledge.
We've been a little Bey-cray lately here on Soundcheck, but hey, so has the whole dang Internet ever since Lemonade dropped last Saturday. (Or maybe since the Super Bowl, now that we think of it.) We've spent the past five days celebrating Beyoncé Week on Soundcheck. Here's a roundup:
• Here's our review of Lemonade, the HBO "visual album": "Thanks to the stunning direction — if Lemonade doesn’t win a Grammy for Best Music Film, it’s a crime — this is probably the best Beyoncé has ever looked on film. Whether she’s smashing cars and fire hydrants in a flowing golden dress; striding through the tides of a bayou at sunset; stomping on a coffin in her Loretta Lynn finest; or lying in repose on the artificial turf of the Superdome , she’s styled to perfection in just about every frame."
• And here's our review of Lemoande, the album: "It will go down as one of 2016's defining albums, a singular statement on the pain and power of womanhood from an artist who could've gotten away with far less."
• Then again, why did we even bothering Lemonade to begin with? Isn't Beyoncé now critic-proof?
• (Actually, no Beyoncé is not critic-proof. Not when it comes to movies.)
• Really, the only thing we should be worried about as it relates to Lemonade is learning all the lyrics by showtime.
• The Formation World Tour kicked off Wednesday in Miami. Here are some reviews.
• We saluted Beyoncé's fashions with a gallery of glamorous .GIFs.
• We tried on her Ivy Park workout gear.
• And we shared some suggestions for what to wear to the Formation Tour.
• If you go, you're gonna want to tailgate, right? Here are some menu suggestions.
• Rebecca Traistor, the author of All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation, talked about Beyoncé and feminist empowerment.
• Need a primer on why everything Beyoncé does seems to be so controversial? Here you go.
• Looking for something, ANYTHING other than Beyoncé to do Friday night? You've got options, including 98 Rockfest, Alabama Shakes, Tokyo Police Club and Celtic Woman.
• In fact, one of our own writers is choosing Alabama Shakes over Beyoncé on Friday. Here's why.
Finally, if you're going to the show, tag your tweets and Instagrams #TampaBeyWatch to be part of our conversation and coverage on tampabay.com. We will, of course, have completely coverage from the stadium and a full review late tonight right here on Soundcheck. See you at the stadium!