Concert of the day: Katy Perry
Same-sex-snogging singer Katy Perry, one of the breakout stars of '08, will be coming to Jannus Landing in St. Pete tonight.
Tbt* reporter Stephanie Hayes gives you five amazing reasons to go out and try to buy a ticket from someone for this sold-out show.
1. She kissed a girl and she liked it. We could all stand to be more open-minded and inclusive of lifestyles, couldn't we? Feel the love, America!
2. She will likely wear a sequined sailor suit. Or a satin banana shorty jumper. Or a watermelon bra. Or some hot pink leggings woven from the synthetic hair of a Russ Troll figurine. And gosh darnit, she'll pull it off.
3. She's the daughter of pastors, so maybe you'll take away some spiritual renewal! Or a hangover. Either is fun.
4. It's an excuse to lacquer yourself in body glitter and show off your signature dance move. Because everyone needs to feel like a disco ball sometimes.
5. Lily Allen is unavailable.
The show is at 7 p.m. at Jannus Landing, 16 Second St. N, St. Petersburg. (727) 896-1244.