This weekend: Super Bowl XLIV concert picks, and tbt*'s own man on the scene in Miami
Sean's on his way to Miami, preparing to take in all the action from inside, outside and all around the stadium. Will he get into the Maxim Party? Can he outfox any and every restraining order Carrie Underwood might have against him? Will he get fooled again by Roger Daltrey and The Who, above, during this year's halftime show?
If you're going to Miami for the Super Bowl, here are five other concerts not to miss:
1. Super Bowl Fan Jam: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Timbaland and Keri Hilson headline this free show hosted by Nick Cannon and Nancy O'Dell, Thursday night on South Beach. You need tickets through Ticketmaster; click here for details.
2. Pepsi Musica Super Bowl Fan Jam: Day 2 of the Fan Jam has a Latin flavor, with Nelly Furtado, Pitbull and Paulina Rubio taking the stage. It's also on South Beach, and it's free, but you need a ticket. Click here for details.
3. Super Bowl Saturday Night: The NFL's free concert at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel will feature Barenaked Ladies, O.A.R. and Robert Randolph and the Family Band. The gates open at 4 p.m. Saturday. Click here for details.
4. SOS Help for Haiti Benefit Concert: BET is organizing a nationally televised benefit concert with Queen Latifah, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Pharrell, Wyclef Jean, Keri Hilson, Akon, Robin Thicke, Pitbull and many, many more. It's from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday at American Airlines Arena. The cheapest tickets started at $20, but if they're not gone by now, they soon will be. Click here for details.
5. John Mayer (Feb. 4, BankAtlantic Center) or the Black Eyed Peas (Saturday, American Airlines Arena). Dane Cook (Saturday, BankAtlantic Center). Although Mayer and the Peas are both coming to Tampa in the next week, so if you're planning to drive to Miami, why would you bother going to one of those shows?
-- Jay Cridlin, tbt*. Photo: AP.