Fill in the blank: You know you're a true Tampa Bay Rays fan when...
You didn’t hear this from us, but there was a little bit of tension last year during the Tampa Bay Rays’ playoff run between longtime fans and, ahem, bandwagon jumpers. (Hey, we didn’t call them that; the longtime Rays fans did.)
So to clear up any misconceptions about whether you’re a Rays diehard or not, we offer you 10 ways to assess where you rank on the scale of Rays loyalty. To make it easy, we’ll go from basic casual fan to hard-core. See where you fall on the list, then add your suggestions.
You’re not a true Rays fan unless:
- You actually go to the Trop to watch them play.
- You root for the Rays in the playoffs.
- You still slip up and say Devil Rays.
- You’ve cursed Scott Kazmir one game (or two) only to cheer him the next.
- You know who the Heckler Guy is.
- You know where Dick Vitale sits.
- You bet on the bottle races at the games.
- Most of your Rays gear is still in forest green, not the new blue.
- You can remember watching Esteban Yan in the bullpen out in right center.
- You got a RayHawk ... in 2007.