Following the St. Petersburg mayoral race? Follow us
There is less than a week to go before Election Day in the St. Petersburg mayoral primary, and 36 percent of voters who say they definitely will vote remain undecided, a new St. Petersburg Times/Bay News 9 poll shows. We found that a bit shocking that so many voters still don't know how they'll vote next Tuesday.
Tampabay.com reader Franklin from St. Pete was alarmed, too: "How can one say they 'will definitely vote' but are undecided so close to the primary election? There have been forums, debates, news articles, mailings and TV ads."
Marcos from St. Pete had a message for residents who don't plan on making it to the polls: "Our next mayor will be decided by those of us that actually take the time to get out and vote. The rest of you will have to live with OUR decision."
We want to be sure voters know where to turn for coverage before the election and on Election Day.
- Join St. Petersburg Times political writers for a live chat about the election at 1 p.m. Monday on Bay Buzz.
- Bookmark tampabay.com's election section for complete coverage, Times Editorial Board recommendations and voting resources.
- Follow tampabay.com throughout Election Day for updates on voting and live results in the evening.
- You also can follow a Twitter feed in tampabay.com's election section. If you'd like to be part of it, use #kyc09 in your unprotected tweets.
- Subscribe to get tampabay.com's SMS alerts for Election Night results and local breaking news each day.
- Share your feedback on Bay Buzz.