Links from the Times for Jan. 21
2009 Presidential Inauguration
The Inauguration of Barack Obama as 44th president of the United States took place on Tuesday. Relive all the moments in our special report, including video, photo galleries and interactive reports, plus complete coverage of celebrations in the Tampa Bay area. Special report: The 2009 Presidential Inauguration
Tom Pritchard, the chef called Moose
Tampa Bay area chef extraordinaire Tom Pritchard was celebrated in a roast by local celebrity chefs at the Coliseum in St. Petersburg recently. Read all about this colorful character in a Jan. 11, 2009 feature by Times staff writer Ben Montgomery: Tom Pritchard, local culinary rock star and stuff of legend.
Gulfport honors brothers as lifesavers after robbery
For their courage, the Gulfport City Council and Police Department presented lifesaving medals to the Hoang brothers -- Eric, 11, Andy, 10 and Thomas, 8 -- Tuesday night. The brothers were at their father's store, Joy Food Mart, Dec. 22 when three masked men barged in and shot their father and another employee. The brothers, who were behind the counter, called 911. Police are investigating the robbery along with several other similar ones. See previous coverage below.
- Jan. 20: Another convenience store robbery
- Dec. 29: Clerks thought Gulfport robbery was a joke
- Dec. 29: Interactive: Explore a map of recent convenience store shooting
- Dec: 29: Audio report: Hear the 911 call made by one of the clerk's son
- Dec. 23: Video: Gulfport food mart shooting
- Dec. 4: Store owner shot 2 days after his brother
- Dec. 2: Deli owner is robbed and shot. Again.