Oil spill update
USF's Weatherbird II dropped instruments into the gulf to test for oil particles. Illustration by JOHN CORBITT and DON MORRIS | Times
- USF: USF scientists try to tie oil cloud to BP spill
- FSU: Oceanographer presses for truth on oil spill
- Latest research: University researchers say Keys, Tortugas are oil free
- Panhandle: Beach busy as oil approaches and BP tries a new cleanup plan
- PDF: Letter from Congress to BP's Tony Hayward
MORE COVERAGE: Oil hit Panhandle beaches Friday, prompting Gov. Charlie Crist to seek more oil containment booms to protect Florida's coasts. Bookmark our special report for the latest reporting from the Times and our wire services, plus informational graphics, photos and video.