St. Petersburg Times wins 2 Pulitzer Prizes
[Politifact.com's Bill Adair and Angie Holan embrace during the ceremony.]
F or the first time in its history, the St. Petersburg Times won two Pulitzer Prizes in a single year.
- The St. Petersburg Times Web site PolitiFact.com won the National Reporting award for separating fact from fiction during the 2008 presidential election campaign. Meet the Politifact team.
- Lane DeGregory's report on Girl in the Window told of the discovery of Danielle, a feral child who had been deprived of her humanity through a lack of nurturing. Her story won the Feature Writing award. Read DeGregory's profile.
- The Times' John Barry was a finalist for Features Writing for Winter's Tale.
- See a video and slideshow of the newsroom celebration.
- Listen to Steve Reich's Double Sextet, which won the Pulitzer Prize for music.