TampaBay.com's hot topics: See the 5 most discussed stories this week
What were TampaBay.com readers fired up about this week? Party buses, a teen shooting in St. Pete, ethanol, BayWalk's sidewalk and the Bucs.
Take a look at the 5 most discussed stories on Tampabay.com this week. See what others had to say, then jump in, share your views.
1. Teens hospitalized after mixing alcohol, homecoming dances and party buses: Students from both sides of Tampa Bay were sent to hospitals over the weekend after separate incidents involving alcohol, homecoming dances and "party buses."
2. 2 arrested after St. Petersburg teen was shot, killed in 3 a.m. convenience store dispute: There was no rivalry, no long simmering feud, no bad blood. All it took to end Marquise Pennywell's life, police said, were a few angry words and a squeeze of the trigger.
3. Times editorial -- Ethanol from corn is a poor formula: The Environmental Protection Agency is considering a request from farm states to raise the ethanol content of gasoline from the current 10 percent to as much as 15 percent. Agreeing to this change could be bad for people's food budgets as well as the engines in their cars and boats — and bad for taxpayers who already are unfairly subsidizing corn-based ethanol.
4. St. Petersburg City Council votes to keep BayWalk sidewalk public: The City Council rejected a plan to cede the sidewalk fronting BayWalk to its owners, casting a shadow of uncertainty over the future of downtown's fallen entertainment complex.
5. Gary Shelton -- Where are we, Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans? A very bad place: The smart fans were gone by now, fleeing the scene of the latest misery in the desperate speed of a convict whose cell did not lock. If they hurried, perhaps they could get away before the security guards made them watch any more.