Things to Do in Tampa Bay has a new iPhone app
Imagine having all of Tampa Bay’s best events, restaurants, bars and attractions at your fingertips on your iPhone. That’s pretty cool, right? But now picture yourself getting a coupon or special deal offer from one of your favorite restaurants, bars, music venues, sports teams or even an auto service. Suh-weet!
It’s all available today with our free Things to Do iPhone app. It’s easy -- and did we mention free? -- to add to your iPhone, iTouch or iPad. Search for it in the iTunes store, or just head to tampabay.com/things-to-do and look for it under Quick links.
But before you go, check out some of these cool features that you’ll enjoy once you’ve downloaded Tampa Bay’s best way to get info and deals on the go:
• Events. Check in to see what’s coming up. You can see all events, or you can filter them by compiling a list of your favorite venues. Now you’ll never miss that cool concert at Jannus Live or the Gary Amp again.
• Destinations. Find what you need fast as you browse by county, neighborhood, category or name. Or just keep your fave restaurants, bars or attractions in your own list for easy reference.
• Near me. Check this as you’re heading out for a date night or a fun family outing to find a new restaurant to try. Or see what’s happening near you that you might not have known about.
• My favorites. This is where your iPhone can save you money. Just add your favorite places here and you could receive special coupons and offers if one of your favorites happens to be a participating advertiser on our Things to Do app. We’ve already got several Tampa Bay places signed up to provide special offers, like Papa John’s, the Glazer Children’s Museum, Lowry Park Zoo and the Green Iguana, just to name a few. Watch tampabay.com/things-to-do often, too, and we’ll be featuring some of the deals so you’ll know they’re coming up.
• Deals. This handy area is where you can check to see if any deals from your Favorites have been pushed out each day. But it’ll also be a place where participating advertisers can send out special deals to everyone who’s using the app. So even if you don’t have favorites, you get access to deals.
• Featured. This will be a great place to discover new destinations around Tampa Bay that you might not have heard about. It could be a new restaurant, or a special service that could come in handy some day.
These features are just the first page of our new app. We’ve also got a tbt* box locator, a neighborhoods search area, a categories search, an open search and a place where you can send us feedback.
Now you can find family fun fast on the go for free with the Things to Do app. Download it today at the iTunes store or by going to tampabay.com/things-to-do and searching under Quick links.
And if you’re thinking, Ruh-roh, I don’t have an Apple product so I can use this, don’t worry. Our mobile site still has all the great content you need in an easy-to-use format. Just access if by typing in our regular Web site address: tampabay.com/things-to-do.
Once you try it out, feel free to let me know how you like it, or share any suggestions you may have.