Top 10 tampabay.com stories this week
1. Normandy Nessie: 'Big beast' reported in Madeira Beach canal: If you believe retiree Russ Sittloh, the canals around Crystal Island have their own version of the infamous Loch Ness Monster.
"How come no one else has seen this " beast "? It doesn't only show up after " Happy Hour " does it?" ~ Ididso
2. A joyful reunion for dad, brothers: Mario drove from Kentucky to meet his sons for the first time in more than a decade.
"This story brought tears to my eyes, These poor boys were brought up to believe that their father did not want them, how sad!" ~ Di
3. Police catch accused red-handed bank robber who fled by bus: A tip led police to a room at the Landmark Motel at 1930 4th St. N. Police said they knocked on the door, and Thomas John Castro, 54, answered with a bag of crack cocaine.
"Hi Guys, let's party!" ~ ThePunk
4. Tampa police: Marine reservist attacked Greek priest he mistook for terrorist: Marine reservist Jasen Bruce was getting clothes out of the trunk of his car Monday evening when a bearded man in a robe approached him.
"Don't go to court in your dress uniform, son; You'll embarrass the Corps." ~ Buzzkill
5. Pedestrian struck, killed while trying to cross Tampa street: Three cars struck and killed a pedestrian shortly after midnight today as he tried to cross Hillsborough Avenue near 34th Street, Tampa Police said.
6. Deputies: Tampa mom abused kids with extension cords, hammer, stun gun : Stacey Horace, 31, of 13404 Village Circle, Apt. 102, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on child abuse charges after deputies said she physically abused the children, between the ages of 11 months to 10 years, since 2004.
"Some "mom"! Even an alligator will guard its young." ~ Lanienus
7. Caught between Scientology and her husband, Annie Tidman chose the church : Starting as a young teenager and all through her 20s, Annie Tidman was a trusted aide to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
"Friends don't keep friends locked up and deprive them of their human rights." ~ Shawn's Friend
8. Port could sue Channelside owner over dispute next month: The owner of Tampa's Channelside entertainment complex appears headed for a showdown with its landlord, the Tampa Port Authority.
"I'm not a Tax-n-Spend guy but what did they expect?" ~ esalkin
"She was my aunt, and she spent her life caring for, and giving to others, making due with very little for herself." ~ Rae