All Grayson, all the time
Here's a wrap of the latest on the pugnacious Democratic congressman from Orlando.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said today that an apology is not necessary. "If anybody’s going to apologize, everybody should apologize," she said at her weekly news conference.
- The RNC has launched a Web ad contrasting President Obama's call for civility in the health care debate with Grayson's comments in the past few days. Watch here.
- The NRCC has launched AlanDisGrayson.com
- Grayson has drawn a GOP challenger. Dan Fanelli of Windermere announced his candidacy today.
- White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Grayson's comments: "I would simply reiterate what we've said on this a number of times, and I think this goes for anybody from whatever political party and whatever end of the political spectrum -- that we ought to be able to have an honest, calm debate about health care, the need for health care reform, without disparaging each other."
- Grayson's office is saying he's raked in up to $150,000 in contributions.