Charlie Crist wants to fan the Ray Sansom controversy
Gotta wonder how much Jeff Atwater, Bill McCollum and John Thrasher appreciate Charlie Crist doing all he can to remind everybody about the Ray Sansom scandal. Here's the latest from Crist's senate campaign:
Despite Speaker Rubio’s claim to the contrary, not all emails and documents between House Budget Chairman Ray Sansom, Speaker Rubio, and Speaker Rubio’s respective staff have been made public.
In the spirit of an open and transparent government, we again call on Speaker Rubio to release to the public all emails, including his heavily used AOL email account, and documents that relate to this ongoing investigation.
As Speaker Rubio seeks an office of public trust, here are ten questions that he should still have to answer to provide Florida voters with an accurate account of his involvement in this case, as well as other similar issues regarding his Speakership.
1. Speaker Rubio, as Speaker of the Florida House, aren’t you responsible for the House budget?
2. Speaker Rubio, weren’t you the one to pick Ray Sansom to be House budget chairman?3. Speaker Rubio, didn’t you secure state funding for a state university and then get a job just like Ray Sansom?
4. Speaker Rubio, as Speaker weren’t you responsible for all money dealing with NW State College and Florida International University?
5. Speaker Rubio, didn’t you insert tax payer funding for Florida International University including $50,000 for FIU’s Metropolitan Center into the 2007 and 2008 budget?
6. Speaker Rubio, didn’t you receive a job at FIU’s Metropolitan Center while you were still Speaker of the Florida House?
7. Speaker Rubio, weren’t you given an unadvertised job, like Ray Sansom, with full benefits from FIU two months after the legislative session concluded?
8. Speaker Rubio, weren’t you the go to guy for FIU during your speakership?
9. Speaker Rubio, didn’t you push for $20 million in the 2008 state budget for Jackson Memorial Hospital?
10. Speaker Rubio, one month after you left office, weren’t you given a contract to represent Jackson Memorial?
Speaker Rubio, we await your answers.