Charlie Crist wedding: Details, details, details
Ian Prosser of Tampa’s Botanica International Design Studio said he used only roses — white, cream and champagne — and ivory hydrangeas for everything from bouquets to altar pieces to pew decor to table arrangements at the reception afterward, a seated dinner in the Grand Ballroom of the Renaissance Vinoy Resort.
- The two altar pieces are a mix of roses and hydrangeas.
- The bride’s bouquet is white roses only; the bridegroom’s boutonniere a white rose to match.
- The attendants’ flowers are roses in white, cream and champagne; the bridegrooms’ boutonnieres are champagne roses.
- For the reception, Prosser said, he created alternating table arrangements. Some will be tall silver compotes containing domes of ivory hydrangeas with the three shades of roses. Other tables will have low silver bowls with the same flowers, and tall silver candlesticks with ivory beeswax candles.
- Of Crist and Rome, Prosser said, “They have been one of the easiest clients ever. If every bride and groom were as easy as this my life would be very simple. It’s been fantastic.”
- Prosser, probably Tampa Bay’s premier florist, led the floral design team for President Bush’s second inaugural and likely will have a leading role in similar preparations for Barack Obama in January.
Invitations, service leaflet, menu cards and thank you stationery all from Not From a Box in St. Petersburg.
- Invitations and service leaflet printed by thermography (not engraved) in Bickham Script. (This is a trademarked typeface font.) Both have cream-colored pearlescent card-stock covers and ivory satin ribbon. To the front of each is affixed a pale-pink square underneath a cream-colored square bearing a flourished capital “C” surrounded by a square decorative border. Kirby Wilson, a Tampa calligrapher, addressed the wedding invitations.
The reception dinner menu:
- Appetizer: Butter-poached lobster with Florida white sturgeon caviar.
- Salad: Caesar salad:
- Entree: Citrus-braised short ribs and macadamia nut-crusted grouper, selection of seasonal vegetables.
- Dessert: Dessert trio, wedding cake.
- Parents of the bridegroom: Dr. Charles and Nancy Crist.
- Matron of honor: Michele Oumano Powell (sister of the bride).
- Bridesmaids: Margaret Crist Wood, Elizabeth Crist Hyden, Catherine Crist Kennedy (all sisters of the bridegroom).
- Junior bridesmaids: Jessica and Skylar Rome (daughters of the bride).
- Best man: Dr. Charles Crist (father of the bridegroom).
- Groomsmen: Emory Wood, Cary Hyden and Byron Kennedy (brothers-in-law of the bridegroom) and Dean Powell (brother-in-law of the bride).
- Ushers: Julian and Warren Wood, Charles Crist Kennedy (nephews of the bridegroom).
- Organist: Rick Nay.
- Pastor: The Rev. David R. Miller.
- (Seating of the parents): Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Wedding party procession: Trumpet Tune in D Major by Henry Purcell.
- Bride’s procession: Trumpet Voluntary by Henry Purcell.
- Recessional: Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn.