Christian group in Webster's corner
The Florida Family Action group sent out an e-mail to supporters asking them to urge Gov. Charlie Crist to appoint former state Sen. Dan Webster to the U.S. Senate. The e-mail highlights five talking points:
1) Senator Webster is highly qualified, after having served in the Florida legislature for 28 years. His leadership including that of Speaker of the House and as Senate Majority Leader rank him, objectively, as the most experienced state legislator alive today.
2) Senator Webster is a pro-life and pro-family conservative who was the prime He founded the legislation which legalized home schooling in Florida and initiated many other innovative reforms in the legislature.
3) Senator Webster has the ability and experience of reaching across the aisle and working with both parties and is therefore widely respected by both Democrats and Republicans.
4) Webster is not currently holding a public office.
5) Webster is a servant leader with the integrity to hold the public trust of the office temporarily until the election is held in November.