LeMieux's PAC pulls in money from Ron Book, CSX, health care interests
Interim U.S. Sen. George LeMieux collected $60,000 in contributions for his political action committee, a newly filed disclosure report shows. Big checks came from well-known Florida lobbyist Ron Book, health care interests and CSX, which is involved in the SunRail commuter rail project that LeMieux and Gov. Charlie Crist championed.
LeMieux, in turn, contributed $19,200 to political candidates and committees -- including $2,400 to Crist's U.S. Senate campaign and those of Sens. John McCain and John Thune, among others.Contributions to Protect America's Future PAC came from a variety of sources including:
- CSX Corporation Good Government Fund: $5,000
- Ron Book: $5,000
- South Florida HMO founder Steve Scott: $5,000
- JM Family Enterprises PAC: $1,000
- Comcast Corporation PAC: $2,500
- U.S. Cuba Democracy PAC: $5,000
- The GlaxoSmithKline PAC: $1,000
The report is here.