Pam Bondi heads to Israel
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi announced today that she's touring Israel along with some of her counterparts from other states.
Bondi's press office said no tax money is being used to pay for the trip, which will be sponsored by the America-Israel Friendship League, the National Association of Attorneys General, and the State of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
From Bondi's office: "The intent of the trip is to facilitate a strong understanding of the Israeli government structure and historic relationship
between the United States and Israel. While abroad, the Attorneys General will meet with Israeli officials and discuss social, economic and political issues relating to Israel and surrounding countries. They will also tour the Israeli Supreme Court and meet with Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein to discuss common interests in legal proceedings.
Among the officials with whom the Attorney Generals will meet are:
· President of the State of Israel Shimon Peres
· Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein
· Minister of Justice Jacob Neeman
· Supreme Court Justice Elyakim Rubinstein (former Israeli Attorney General)
· Deputy Director General Israel Foreign Ministry Baruch Bina
· Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon
· Coordinator Tirkel Committee Hoshea Gottlieb
· Minister of Intelligence and Atomic Energy Dan Meridor
· Head of Begin Sadat Institute at Bar Ilan University Prof. Efraim Inbar
· Consul General, American Embassy, Andrew Parker