Protect Your Vote announces formcion del comite Hispano estatal
Here's the Hispanic Steering Committee for Protect Your Vote, the group fighting Amendments 5 and 6.
The two amendments, written by another fortuitously named group, Fair Districts for Florida, are aimed at preventing politicians from favoring themselves or their political parties when they draw legislative and congressional districts.The Protect Your Vote Hispanic Steering Committee:
National Chairs: Republican U.S. Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart, Lincoln Diaz-Balart and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, all of Miami.
· Former RPOF Chairman Al Cardenas; State Reps. Esteban Bovo, Anitere Flores, Eric Fresen, Eddy Gonzalez, Carlos Lopez-Cantera, JC Planas, David Rivera; Raquel Rodriguez, former general counsel to former Florida Gove. Jeb Bush; former state Rep. Rene Garcia, state Sen. Alex Diaz de la Portilla;
· Angelette Aviles, Owner & Principal of AMG, Branding & PR (Americas Marketing & Graphics)
· Bertica Cabrera-Morris, Active member of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, serves on the Arts Council for Central Florida, and Board of Trustees for Valencia Community College.
· Jorge Caspary, Civil Engineer
· Miguel Diaz de la Portilla, former Miami-Dade County Commissioner
· Renier Diaz de la Portilla
· Dan Espino, Miami Springs City Councilman
· Chely Hernandez-Miller, President of the Hispanic Republican Club of Pinellas County
· Oscar Kanahan, President of the Hispanic Republican Club of Hillsborough
· Alci Maldonaldo, Chairman of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly
· John Quinones, Osceola County Commissioner
· Louie Rodriguez
· Carlos Trujillo, Assistant State Attorney for the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida