PSC narrows its executive director candidates to three
The Florida Public Service Commission today narrowed its list of candidates to interview for its open executive director post to three:
* Aster Adams, the director fo the Ohio Consumers Counsel. He received the votes of Commissioners Art Graham, Lisa Polak Edgar, Eduardo Balbis and Ronald Brise.
* Braulio Baez, a Tallahassee lawyer and former PSC commissioner. He received the votes of Commissioners Julie Imanuel Brown, Edgar and Brise.
* Charles "Chris" Hart, CEO of Hart Enterprises of Tampa and former Hillsborough County Commissioner. He received the votes of Edgar, Brise and Brown.
The names were chosen because three of the five commissioners selected them from a list of 15 applicants they interviewed by phone and in person. The commissioners were asked to list their top three candidates, only Edgar exceeded the list and voted for five.Adams received four of the commission votes while Baez and Hart received three.
The panel will interview the candidates Sept. 6 and into Sept. 7 and 8 if needed. Download PSC Executive Director Vote Sheet
Here's the list of semi-finalists:
Name Employment History Location
1. Aster Adams Director – Ohio Consumers’ Counsel Pickerington, OH
2. Braulio Baez Attorney/Former PSC Commissioner Coral Gables, FL
3. Timothy Barden Interim County Administrator – Wakulla County Tallahassee, FL
4. Diana Caldwell Attorney/Former PSC Attorney Tallahassee, FL
5. James Cook VP/COO – FairPoint Communication Fort Walton Beach, FL
6. Earl Daugherty R & D Manager – Tennessee Valley Authority Hixson, TN
7. Christine Ericson Dep. Solicitor General – Illinois Commerce Commission Evanston, IL
8. Michael Eurich Dir of Development & External Affairs – FL Trail Assn. Tallahassee, FL
9. George Harder Project Manager – Applied Environmental Consulting Lutz, FL
10. Charles “Chris” Hart CEO – Hart Enterprises (Consulting) Tampa, FL
11. Stephen Hogge Owner – Stephen Hogge & Associates (Consulting) Tallahassee, FL
12. Gary Hunt President – Scalable Growth Strategy Advisors Danville, CA
13. Steven Marshall Logistics Director – US Navy Tallahassee, FL
14. Paul Montgomery Liaison for Defense - Pentagon Alexandria, VA
15. Phillip Nowicki Director of Consumer Protection – State of Georgia Decatur, GA
16. Tanya Robinson Business Analyst Manager – FAMU Tallahassee, FL
17. David Russell COO – Deuk Spine Institute Melbourne, FL
18. William Stewart Deputy Chief of Staff – FL Attorney General Tallahassee, FL
19. Harold Stoller Director of Energy – Illinois Commerce Commission Springfield, IL
20. Michael Townsley Deputy Director – New York PSC Old Saybrook, CT
21. Bill Veach Director, Hotels & Restaurants - DBPR Tallahassee, FL