Debt and taxes top PolitiFact Florida's Top 5 stories for November
Statements by South Florida’s GOP presidential rivals Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio led PolitiFact Florida’s website in November, touching on taxes and Rubio’s spending while speaker of the Florida House.
The five most-read fact-checks from November, counting down to the most popular:
5. Marion Hammer, a former National Rifle Association president: "Forty-five states allow open carry of firearms."
4. Rubio: "There was never a single shred of evidence presented to anyone" that the attacks in Benghazi, Libya, were "spontaneous, and in fact, the CIA themselves understood that early on."
3. The Republican Party of Florida: "How many concerts would Taylor Swift have to perform to pay off one day of interest on our national debt? She would have to perform every day for three years."
2. Florida Democratic Party: "Marco Rubio spent $400K of your tax dollars remodeling offices, and building a members-only lounge."
1. Bush: "My plan actually gives the middle class the greatest break: $2,000 per family."
To read them all, click here.