Hours before final debate, Jolly has questions for Sink
Hours before the final debate in Pinellas County's open congressional race, Republican David Jolly's campaign put out some questions (via Twitter) he says Democratic opponent Alex Sink should answer.
It will be interesting to see if the questions are asked, and if they are answered. The debate, which also features Libertarian candidate Lucas Overby, will be shown on WEDU at 8:30 tonight and 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
Here are the five questions for Sink from the Jolly campaign:
1. Senator Harry Reid said on the U.S. Senate floor recently that he thinks all personal stories of people being negatively impacted by Obamacare are fabricated lies. Do you agree with his statement?
2.You made disparaging and insulting comments when characterizing immigrant workers
– stating we need immigrant workers because “where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping?” Will you apologize for this offensive comment?
3. Even with news reports stating Obamacare will negatively impact jobs, reduce worker hours, hurt Pinellas seniors and raise rates for small businesses and families, do you continue to stand by your belief that Obamacare should not be repealed? If so, how do you propose Pinellas County residents and seniors cope with such consequences?
4. Even the local media has rated your characterization of David Jolly’s stance on Medicare and Social Security as false. Did you know these statements were false before
you allowed your advertisements to go on the air, or were you just following the guidance of your advisors? Now that it has been made public that these ads are false, why have you not asked for these to be pulled down out of respect for the voters who deserve to make this important decisions based on good information?
5. You have taken hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions throughout the course of this race. Are you willing to return every dollar that has come in from lobbyists or special interest groups?