Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio still rule TV spending
They long ago dropped out, but Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio remain the biggest spenders in the 2016 presidential race. Together, their campaigns and related groups spent more than $149 million.
NBC News counted up the figures using SMG Delta ad spending data.
The biggest ad spenders to date:
· Team Bush: $81.9 million ($76.9M from Right to Rise Super PAC, $5M from campaign)
· Team Rubio: $67.3 million ($37.8M from Super PAC, $18.9M from campaign, $10.6M from 501c4)
· Team Sanders: $58 million ($57.8M from campaign, $253K from National Nurses United Super PAC)
· Team Clinton: $49.5 million ($44M from campaign, $5.5 million Priorities USA Super PAC and other outside groups)
· Team Cruz: $36 million ($16.5M from campaign, rest from outside groups)
· Team Trump: $18.8 million ($18.8M from campaign, $24K from TrumpPAC)